Have you recently finished your studies (BA / MA or equivalent) with high interest in Economics or International Relations?
Do you have knowledge in economic and financial issues in Switzerland and China?
Are you interested in getting an overview about the different tasks and responsibilities in an embassy?
Do you have excellent language skills in English, French or German?
THE SWISS EMBASSY IN BEIJING IS LOOKING FOR A NEW INTERNSHIP CANDIDATE IN THE ECONOMIC, FINANCIAL AND COMMERCIAL SECTION!
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THIS INTERNSHIP?
At the end of the internship, you should have an idea of the different aspects and tools used working in an embassy especially in the fields of the defence of Switzerland’s interests and important administrative procedures.
The overall experience is targeted to be practice-oriented and to allow you to take on everyday responsibilities under guidance of your supervisor.
WHAT ARE THE WORKING MODALITIES?
- The internship is subject to local law (Chinese law) and remuneration is be paid in Renminbi.
- A part-time internship (as in working at the embassy while studying here in China) is not possible.
ARE ADDITIONAL COST OF THE INTERNSHIP IN BEIJING COVERED BY THE EMBASSY?
- No. All costs (travel, housing, insurances etc …) are to be covered by the intern.
- The intern is also responsible to assure validity of his residence permit and working permit.
- No work experience in field of expertise (of study) major or minor (for instance: university research assistant). Internship under 6 months do not count as such (SOMSi or similar programs)
- Swiss nationality (or bi-national)
- A China experience and/or mandarin skills would be considered as a plus
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY, SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AT THIS EMAIL ADDRESS:
- Cover Letter
- CV – please clearly state the date (year and month of your graduation)
- Copy of your diploma and transcripts
- Excerpt (2 pages) of an academic writing in one of the official languages (F/I/D)
(e.g. seminar project or thesis)
- Candidates considered the shortlist will be contacted by the embassy, usually about 2 months before the beginning of the internship, for a telephone interview.
- The final decision will be transmitted short after the interview.